If you’ve installed the iOS 17 beta and are experiencing problems, or simply want to go back to the stable version of iOS, you can downgrade to iOS 16 without losing your data. Here’s how:
Before you begin, make sure you have a backup of your device. This is important in case anything goes wrong during the downgrade process. You can back up your device to iCloud, iTunes, or a third-party backup service like UltFone iOS Data Manager.
Table of Contents
What You’ll Need
To complete the downgrade, you’ll need the following:
- A Mac or Windows computer
- A lightning cable
Now, let’s get started with the downgrade process using the UltFone Downgrade Tool:
How to Downgrade from iOS 17 to iOS 16
To downgrade from iOS 17 to iOS 16 using UltFone Downgrade Tool, follow these steps:
- Download and install the UltFone Downgrade Tool.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer using the lightning cable.
- Launch the UltFone Downgrade Tool.
- Click on the “iOS Upgrade/Downgrade” button.
- Select the “Downgrade” option and wait for the tool to download the iOS 16 firmware.
- Once the firmware is downloaded, the UltFone Downgrade Tool will automatically initiate the downgrade process.
- The downgrade process may take a few minutes to complete. Once it is finished, your device will be running iOS 16.
If you prefer visual guidance, there’s a helpful video guide available below to walk you through the entire process.
UltFone, a trusted software developer, specializes in data management for iOS and Android devices and resolving various iOS system issues. They offer reliable solutions to help users safely return to iOS 16 without risking their devices.
Downgrading from iOS 17 to iOS 16 is a relatively simple process, but it is important to follow the steps carefully to avoid losing data. By following the tips in this guide, you can safely and easily downgrade your device and get back to using iOS 16.