Apple has announced that iOS 17 will be available for all compatible iPhones on Monday, September 18, 2023. Apple typically releases its major updates to iOS at 10 a.m. PT.
To download iOS 17, simply go to Settings > General > Software Update. If the update is available, you will see a red notification badge next to Software Update. Tap on Software Update and then tap on Download and Install.
Table of Contents
What’s New in iOS 17?
iOS 17 includes a number of new features and improvements, including:
- A redesigned lock screen with more customization options
- A new Focus mode that lets you filter out distractions and focus on the task at hand
- Live Text support for videos
- SharePlay support for third-party apps
- A new Weather app with more detailed forecasts and interactive animations
- A new Notes app with more collaboration features
- A new Home app with more support for smart home devices
- And much more!
How to Prepare for the iOS 17 Update
Before you update to iOS 17, it’s a good idea to back up your iPhone. You can do this using iCloud or a computer. You should also make sure that your iPhone has enough storage space for the update.
iOS 17 is a major update with a lot of new features and improvements. If you have a compatible iPhone, be sure to download the update on Monday, September 18, 2023.